Environmentally Friendly Pest Control
Don’t let the words “Pest Control” make you think we callously spray chemicals all over your home and yard, or that we do not care about our Earth. We believe in responsible pest management. In addition to traditional treatment, Absolute Pest Control offers an eco-friendly “green” alternative treatment for your home or business. The technicians at Absolute Pest Control uses EcoPCO brand natural products for the eco-friendly homes. Using alternative treatment methods, along with your personalized overall treatment plan, we give you an educated choice in protecting your home.
What is eco-friendly pest control?
There are many “versions” of eco-friendly pest control. At Absolute Pest Control, we have several options for every family. The first method is to establish a safe perimeter around the home. Then, we use traditional chemical treatments to block pests from getting into your home. Think of it as a hard shield or force field. The second method is with eco smart or eco friendly products that restrain pests while taking care of the environment.
How are these eco-friendly treatments effective?
EcoSMART discovered that certain plant oils can be combined and offer the same effectiveness as traditional chemical pesticides. Ironically, the proprietary combination of oils are FDA approved as food additives (currently added to food and beverages). This scientifically created solution has been named Hexa-Hydroxyl. Hexa-Hydroxyl unique action targets a key neurotransmitter receptor called Octopamine. Octopamine regulates the heart rate, movement, and metabolism of insects. The end result is a total breakdown of an insects nervous system. Hexa-Hydroxyl does not affect mammals.
Which inspects are we protected from with this type of treatment?
This method protects your home from a broad spectrum of the common insects that crawl and fly. Some of these are ants, cockroaches, crickets, fleas, flies, moths, spiders, wasps, and yellow jackets. The treatment of the water-resistant dust will shield your residence, business, or building for up to two months in favorable conditions.
Does the Hexa-Hydroxyl treatment smell?
The combination of plant oils will produce a floral aroma. The specific fragrance will depend on the actual oils used in the treatment. Unscented formulas are currently being made.
Information for this article was found at http://www.ipm.msu.edu/uploads/files/TrainingManuals_General/General_WholeManual.pdf
- Broad-spectrum dust that controls pests through dehydration.
- Granular Scatter Bait that delivers long lasting control of ants, cockroaches, crickets, silverfish, and other home invaders.
- Jet Spray that uses citrus to effectively control bees, hornets, spiders, yellowjackets, and wasps.
- Contact Spray that is derived from botanical active ingredients to control ants, bed bugs, centipedes, cockroaches, spiders, ticks, wasps, and other crawling & flying insects.
- Tested dust formula derived from a trademarked combination of tree oils.
- The formula targets the pest’s neurotransmitter receptor called octopamine, only found in invertebrates.
- Offers a pleasant “floral” type fragrance with many of the formulations. Unscented formulas currently being released.
- So safe that preliminary testing shows these products 3000-4000 less toxic than synthetic treatments.